I love slow cooker recipes in two instances: I’m really busy and don’t have time to cook, or I’m super lazy and don’t really feel like cooking. Either way, it’s great to just throw a bunch of ingredients into the slow cooker and have dinner ready in anywhere from 3-8 hours. I mean, really. Am I right?
Slow Cooker Tangy Chicken Thighs and Rice
I made up this recipe when my hubby (bless his heart) got chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts. I don’t really love dark meat unless it’s super moist and juicy, so I opted to cook it in the slow cooker. It came out really yummy, so I’ve definitely added it to my “Lazy Sunday” repertoire. Some days, a girl just needs to catch up on Real Housewives and not concern herself with dinner. Recipe is as easy as putting everything together and stepping away to relax…or shop!
- 4-6 pieces boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 4 cups chicken broth (Progresso Tuscan for Low-FODMAPers)
- 1¾ cup jasmine rice
- 3 tablespoons butter (I prefer salted because I'm addicted to salt)
- Juice of three limes
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Chili pepper flakes
- Wash and pat dry chicken thighs. Place in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Cut up butter and spread around chicken.
- In a small bowl, mix lime juice, broth, cumin, black pepper, red pepper flakes and pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
- Stir in rice after 7 hours (1 hour before it's ready)
- Stir in rice 3 after 3.5 hours (30 minutes before it's ready)