I can’t tell you how much I love avocados. I can really eat them with/on just about anything. From my own makeshift three-minute guacamole, to avocado and sea salt toast – yum! I LOVE avocado. On a night that I was hosting a dinner party, I prepped a recipe that required avocado. Instead of throwing out the shells, I decided to leave some avocado around the edges and fill in the rest with some vegetables. This IS as easy as it looks and makes a great appetizer.
Just dice up any veggies and fill the scooped out avocado. Leave some avocado in there though, since this should be eaten with a spoon and getting some avocado in the spoonful is part of the fun. In this particular avocado bowl, I used radish, cucumber, chickpeas and green onion.
- Scoop out majority of avocado, leaving enough room to fill the rest up with vegetables.
- Diced radish
- Chick peas
- Diced cucumbers
- Sliced green onion
- Lime juice
- Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Arrange scooped out avocado bowls on serving platter.
- Put vegetable mixture in a small bowl and squeeze out lime juice and drizzle with olive oil.
- Mix well and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Scoop mixture into avocado bowls and serve.